Here’s my “personal stylist cheat sheet” to achieving that coveted effortless chic look:
First thing is first. If you don’t have those good staple layers and accessories, the time to get them is now. They stretch your wardrobe in ways you can’t imagine until they are available in your closet.
On my checklist when I visit a client’s closet:
– Shells that fit well in black, white and most importantly, nude
– Thin cardigans to throw over the shells and go (I’m a believer in light layers)
– Great pair of day-to-night dark denim
– Everyday lighter in color, casual denim
– Black dress [for a wedding or a funeral]
– Scarf in a neutral shade
– Scarf in a flattering bold color
– Shoes without any bells & whistles in: black, brown, nude, gold, and a token wildcard pair
– A modern belt
– Wear-with-you-anywhere carryall purse; as well as go-to clutch
– Great jewelry
That’s not all, but you get the idea!